Saturday, March 03, 2007

Dublin

Tonight I'm off to Dublin for the imaginary start to this whole tour. We begin with 2 shows at The Olympia theatre there. It's a gorgeous old theatre that I've worked in before, but due to the cost of shipping equipment over many bands, this one included, tend to just carry instruments and leave the lighting and pa and such behind. It always makes for an interesting day when you being a tour that you've spent months preparing for without any of the things that you had imagined working with. Sometimes it's fun to walk into a theatre and just have a go with what's there. It's cool to dig through closets, find weird old shit, plug it in to see if it works and stick it on the stage somewhere. In this particular case I think everyone is anxious to make the show what it should (and in a few days, will) be. These 2 shows are going to be a write off. I do like Dublin though, and since there is a production day (my third in a row without musicians getting in my way) and 2 shows at the same venue I'll get some time to wander around town. I have been trying for several years to take a tour of the guiness factory and go on this literary pub crawl that was recommended to me a while back. Maybe I'll find the time, although when in Ireland in winter my inclination in to lie around a hotel room watching movies avoiding the carnage that spills into the streets on a nightly basis.

No comments: